Tuesday, February 28, 2006

27.02.06

My phone doesn’t ring often.

So I don’t bother switching it off at the movies.

There are no sms jokes from those who are too lazy to keep in touch. And none to forward when I feel lazy myself.

I think of those who are often in my thoughts but hardly in your inbox. I also think twice before deleting delivery reports.

Maybe now I won’t mind having an annoying ring tone. Now that my phone is nothing but the watch I never wear.

Sometimes, if I want to hear it ring, I set the alarm.

My phone doesn’t ring often.

But hey, the battery seems to last longer these days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby... Can I do something to make your abstiantion for phone ring smaller? Let me know, dont be shy...;-)

± said...

you sound like someone who hates solitude. and that sounds like me. and trust me, thats not a good thing to start with...
when it doesnt ring, call.
dont wait for it to ring. as long as you manage to get someone at the other end to talk to (whether they want to or not) it hardly matters who calls.

Rishabh said...

hey harjee

well, the thing is that i do enjoy solitude, not loneliness.

having emmigrated out of the country, it feels strange for the phone not to ring so often as it did in india.

but when it does bother me, the power of the orange knickers pull me right out of it.

; >)

:) said...

hey rishabh! so good to hear from you.

i want to hear and read more. so keep writing.

and send me your number. i'll give u missed calls just so u can hear ur phone ring ;)

Ilovethesmellofnepalinthemorning said...

gimme your number. i'll call you.

-andy